Some More Scattered Observations
1. I haven't posted more Marigold Woman because I feel the project has reached a (possibly temporary) stopping point. I need to think about how, and whether, to continue it. There's a tension between the personal need that drives the project and the demands of narrative, and negotiating that has become increasingly complex.
2. There are a lot of things happening lately that I can't talk about. Some of them (most of them) are good, or at least will hopefully turn out well in the long run. I have a lot of stuff on my mind lately, too, but I don't know how to say it safely or appropriately. The world is a strange and difficult place lately. My sadness floats along like a balloon tied to my wrist, tugging at me every so often to remind me that it's there.
3. My cilantro, after falling prey to a gnat infestation, had to be moved outdoors. It promptly bolted, but I wasn't growing it for leaves anyway so I figure that's OK. It seems to be enjoying itself. I heard a rumor that it might self-seed? I guess we'll find out.
4. The leaves make green patterns against the mottled ground of the sky. What do they mean, those patterns? What do any of the things I see outside my window mean? I will spin in circles on the grass with my arms outspread, and this will mean exactly what my life means, what today means, what the world means. This is where we are going. Why are we going there?
we all fall down
5. I'm currently alternating reading about cognitive sociology/sociology of knowledge and reading Ursula Vernon's Dragonbreath series, and that tells you most of what you need to know about me as a writer and artist.
6. I will have other things to post about soon, I hope.